This is how synchronization with dropbox can be made. You will need a dropbox account which is
free, if you don't have one already.
Install dropbox in your computer and in your mobile device. You have to use the same account for
both. If you use different accounts you need to share at least one folder between both accounts.
In your computer:
· Look for the QRouting database. By default it would be in:
· If not sure where it is, use any search in your computer to find
the file "QRouting.db"
· Exit QRouting program if you were using it.
· Make a folder "QRouting" inside your main dropbox folder
· Copy the QRouting.db file to that folder
· Enter QRouting program. Go to "Setup" and "Database
· Select the database you just copied to the folder "QRouting"
within your dropbox folder.
From now, use always that database in the dropbox folder. Every time you make a change it will
Synchronize in the dropbox server.
The database is about 14 MB and covers all the World. If you have a slow connection, it could
take a long time to upload to the dropbox server. In that case you can make a copy of the
QRouting.db file, and using this option you can make a smaller database of the area, country or
countries you fly more often in. You even can have several databases of different parts of the
In your Android device
Make sure that the database in your computer has finished synchronizing with the dropbox server.
The dropbox's icon in your system tray should have stopped moving.
· Enter the dropbox app in your mobile.
You should get something like this:
Enter the QRouting Folder
In this example we have created three different databases and we have renamed them to
"Spain.db", "Europe.db" and "Worldwide.db" using the "Make a smaller database" option in the
This way, we have a light weight database, with the area we normally, while the other databases
are available if necessary.
If your internet connection in both, the computer and the mobile is fast enough don't bother about
· Long click on the Database file and make it "favorite"
in the dropbox app.
· Go to the "Favorites" tab in dropbox.
From now, always enter QRouting opening dropbox, going to the "favorites" tab and clicking on
This way we make sure that the database is synchronized before using it.
Then use QRouting normally, when you exit it the database will be synchronized again
Back up the database frequently.